Senior Translator - Cairo Branch
The debut was 14 years ago in Dubai, and in 2009, Abu Dhabi branch was inaugurated. In 2010, Cairo branch was established, and Alexandria branch in 2016. The Elaph Training center opened in 2017 and Istanbul branch in 2019. Preparing to open Mansoura and Suez branches in 2020. The saga continues.
It is your chance to wrap up your career development with a translation- industry trailblazer.
A Senior Translator’s duties:
- Translate a variety of texts in diversified domains, which targets will be delivered upfront to clients
- Revise and review target translations made by other translators and freelancers
- Lead a team of translators, when leading a specific-project team
- Internally extend support related to translation projects (administrative and linguistic)
- Contribute to creating and enriching the Elaph terminology base and translation memory
- Coach other junior translators and prepare training literature.
A Senior Translator’ qualifications:
- Master’s with 5-year minimum corporate experience in Arabic-English-Arabic translation, or a Bachelor with 8-year minimum of uninterrupted practice
- Very familiar with CAT tools, mainly TRADOS, and term bases
- Quality, result and performance oriented who takes initiative and is able to work self-sufficiently under minimum supervision
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, with superior attention to accuracy and detail
- Sense of utmost urgency, able to rearrange priorities, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines. Can work in a team environment, sometimes online
- Physically fit, dynamic, fast learner and able to rapidly adapt to new requests and assume new roles.